Thursday, March 8, 2007

Gaston Phébus v Disney's Gaston

I have yet to uncover any hard data to prove that the two men are one is the same, however, while searching the web I did come upon an interesting finding...



http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/41/94/55m.jpg


(You will have to copy and paste the link; I can't get the picture onto the blog)


This photo is the poster for the 1978 French movie "Gaston Phébus". I think it is hard to deny the resemblance the man in the bottom right corner has to a certain Disney character named Gaston. He has the classical long red shirt, with an over sized belt, black leggings, and the high boots that are the defining clothes of Disney's Gaston.

PS. As most of you already know Disney’s "Beauty and the Beast" was not released until 1991.

No comments: