Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Schools and Technology

Today, while in lecture, I was thinking about technology and how schools use it to their advantage. I wrote this paragraph for my personal blog about this back in the beginning of the 2009 school year:

I've never really noticed how much power people use for technology. I glanced at the floor in my US history class today and my eyes were drawn to the power cord. Every outlet was occupied by a plug. I looked at the new smart board that every classroom received over the summer. Do schools really need these technological advances?

So, recently I have been contemplating about how we, humans, use so much power per day and do we truly need to use these technologies. I think the old chalkboard way worked pretty well before institutions became involved with projectors.

No comments: