Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Hunt


Over break I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and one of the display cases had a variety of weaponry with images of "The Hunt" carved on them. I took a picture of this one because of the image of the deer on it; but it was just one of many swords. I thought this was relevant and worth sharing because it shows that people, and museum curators, maybe see/understand the relevance between nature and culture. I thought it was neat seeing real-life examples of stuff we talked about in lecture-it added another dimension to seeing this in the museum. (When I was there I also saw the Frederick Church painting, Pichincha (the one that was painted in South America) but one of the staff saw me take a picture so I had to be extra stealth so it did not come out very good)

1 comment:

KNesheim said...

Found this, thought it was interesting:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/child-kills-giant-pig/2007/05/26/1179601736704.html